Welcome to Dr. Bo Yuan's (袁波) Website
Bo Yuan, Ph.D. (袁波博士)
Department of Computing Security
Golisano College of Computing and Information Sciences
Rochester Institute of Technology
Rochester, New York 14623
E-mail: myfirstname.mylastname at rit.edu
Spring, 2015-16 Hours
||12:00PM - 2:00PM
||Capstone for Computing Security
||2:00PM - 4:30PM
||Capstone for Computing Security
||6:00PM - 8:30PM
Binghamton University, Binghamton, New York, Ph.D. in Systems Science, 1996
Shanghai Normal University, Shanghai, China, M.S. in Applied Mathematics, 1988
Shanghai Normal University, Shanghai, China, B.S. in Mathematics, 1985
Associate Professor, Department of Computing Security,
Rochester Institute of Technology,
September, 2003 - Present
Staff Scientist, Manning and Napier Information Services/Perspective
Partners, Inc., July, 1997 - July, 2003
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, NASA ACE Center, Department of
Engineering, New Mexico Highlands University, July, 1996 - June, 1997
Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics, Shanghai Normal
University, September, 1988 - September, 1991
Computing Security and Computational Intelligence
- 2014, NSF CyberCorps® Scholarship for Service,
#1433736, $3.9M, 2015-2019, PI: Bo Yuan, Co-PIs: Andy Meneely and Rajandra Raj
- 2015, Cybersecurity Strategic Thinking and Tactics, $25K,
Intel Gift Grant, PI: Bo Yuan
- T. Schellenberg, B. Yuan, and R. Zanibbi, Layout-based substitution tree
indexing and retrieval for mathematical expressions, Document
Recognition and Retrieval XIX. Edited by Chien, Liang-Chy; Lee, Sin-Doo; Wu,
Ming Hsien. Proceedings of the SPIE, Volume 8297, article id. 82970I, 8 pp.
- W. Huba, B. Yuan, D. Johnson, and P. Lutz, A HTTP cookie covert channel,
in Proc. of the 4th Intern. Conf. on Security of Information and
Networks, ser. SIN ’11. New York, NY, USA: ACM, 2011, pp. 133–136.
- R. Zanibbi and B. Yuan, Keyword and image-based retrieval for mathematical
expressions, in Proc. Document Recognition and
Retrieval XVIII, Proc. SPIE, vol. 7874, 2011.
- E. Brown, B. Yuan, D. Johnson, and P. Lutz, Covert channels in the HTTP
network protocol: Channel characterization and detecting
man-in-the-middle attacks, The Journal of Information Warfare, vol. 9,
no. 3, pp. 26–38, 2010.
- M. Robertson, Y. Pan, and B. Yuan, A social approach to security: Using
social networks to help detect malicious web content, in
Proc. of the Intern. Conf. on Intelligent Systems and Knowledge
Engineering, 2010, pp. 436–441.
- C. Forbes, B. Yuan, D. Johnson, and P. Lutz, A covert channel in RTP
protocol, in The 9th Intern. FLINS Conf. World Scientific, 2010, pp.
- K. Stokes, B. Yuan, D. Johnson, and P. Lutz, ICMP covert channel
resiliency, in Technological Developments in Networking, Education
and Automation, K. Elleithy, et al, Eds. Springer Netherlands, 2010, pp. 503–506.
- D. Johnson, P. Lutz, and B. Yuan, Behavior-based covert channel in
cyberspace, in Intelligent Decision Making Systems, E. A. Vanhoof,
Ed. New Jersey: World Scientific, 2009, pp. 311–318.
- E. Golen, B. Yuan, and N. Shenoy, An evolutionary approach to underwater
sensor deployment, International Journal of Computational
Intelligence Systems, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 182–201, 2009.
- B. Yuan, Secure communications with an asymptotic secrecy model,
Knowledge Based Systems, vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 478–484, 2007.
- Bo Yuan (袁波) and Peter Lutz. A covert channel in packet
switching data networks. In The Second Upstate New York
Workshop on Communications and Networking, Rochester, NY, November 2005.
- George Klir and Bo Yuan (袁波). Fuzzy Sets and Fuzzy
Logic:Theory and Applications. Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ, 1995.
- George Klir, Ute St.Clair, and Bo Yuan (袁波). Fuzzy
Theory and Applications. Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ, 1997.
- D. Zrilic, J. Rameirez, and Bo Yuan (袁波). Hardware
implementation of fuzzy membership functions, operations, and
inference. Computer and Electrical Engineering, 20(1):85-105,
- Yin Pan (潘吟) and Bo Yuan (袁波). Bayesian inference of fuzzy
probabilities. Intern. J. of General Systems, 26(1-2):73-90,
- D. Zrilic, G. Petrovic, and Bo Yuan (袁波). Simplified
realization of delta-sigma decoder. Electronic Letters,
- W. Wu (吴望名), H. The, and Bo Yuan (袁波). Reasoning with
propositional knowledge based on fuzzy neural logic. Intern.
J. Intelligent Systems, 11:251-265, 1996.
- W. Wu (吴望名), H. Lui, and Bo Yuan (袁波). Approximate reasoning
based on regular inference functions. J. of Fuzzy Mathematics, 4(1):103-118, 1996.
- Bo Yuan (袁波), Yin Pan (潘吟), and Wangming Wu (吴望名). On normal
form based interval-valued fuzzy sets and their applications to approximate
reasoning. Intern. J. of General Systems, 23(3):421-254,
- Bo Yuan (袁波), Yin Pan (潘吟), and Wangming Wu (吴望名). Mp and
invariant mp approximations of fuzzy inference rules. Intern. J. of General
Systems, 23(2):255-269, 1995.
- Yin Pan (潘吟) and Bo Yuan (袁波). Generalized fuzzy
method-of-cases. Intern. J. of Approximate Reasoning,
- Bo Yuan (袁波) and George Klir. Intelligent Hybrid
Fuzzy Logic, Neural Networks, and Genetic Algorithms, chapter
Data-driven identification of key variables. Kluwer, Boston, 1997.
- Bo Yuan (袁波) and D. Zrilic. An intelligent fuzzy control
system. In NAFIPS'97, Syracuse University, 1997.
- Bo Yuan (袁波) and George Klir. Approximate solutions of
systems of fuzzy relation equations. In Proc. of
FUZZ-IEEE'94, pages 1452-1457, Orlando, Florida, 1994.
- George Klir and Bo Yuan (袁波). On measures of conflict among
set-valued statements. In Proc. World Congress on Neural
Networks, pages 627-630, Portland, Oregon, July 11-15 1993.
- Bo Yuan (袁波) and Wangming Wu (吴望名). Fuzzy ideals on a
distributive lattice. Fuzzy Sets and Systems, 35(2):231-240,